Leaving OTM

HOME The Arena Property Portals Forum Leaving OTM

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

• Author

jimboglos8261

I’m sorry, I know this is going to annoy a few of you but I am seriously looking at options to leave OTM.  Has anyone else on here done it?  If so how? What about the contract issues?

To justify my decision I am not planning to go back to ZPG with my tail between my legs as I have never rated them anyway. But I need to use my spend where I am being seen, which is unfortunately RM.  I appreciate that OTM was a long term plan but with cash flow tightening along with stock levels I do not feel I can continue being part of the project.   Particularly when an office I recently acquired was being offered the opportunity to join for just £50 a month! But as it is now part of my company OTM want £350!

• This topic was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by  jimboglos8261.

PeeBee

Simple answer?

You entered into a Contract, therefore you have a Contractual obligation.  If you don’t value your integrity as a businessperson, and are willing to risk any possible repercussions – then walk away and see where that gets you.

Best advice would be to wait and see what the outcome of the Connells case is.

docklander52

As far as I am concerned OTM have not only broken various promises but have badly mistreated its founding members. Don’t just walk away; run. Run like other agents have, with zero consequences.

A contractural obligation, after all, has two sides.

smile please

Best to wait until outcome of court case.

Some agents in our area have walked away on the hope Zoopla (sorry connells) win the case.

However if OTM win they will have to stay and payments back dated.

If it irks you that much and you are an LTD – close your company and restart it and contracts are voided – not ethical or right but to be honest if i was pay £350 on multiple offices for next 3 years i would be tempted.

jimboglos8261

Thanks for your thoughts, very helpful.  I am not at all the type to walk away from a contract but as docklander52 says I cannot see how they have kept to there side of the deal.

PeeBee

Walk me through what “side of the deal” you believe they have failed to keep.

docklander52

PB, I don’t want to publish on a public forum anything which may affect my defence (if needed). The promises they have broken are undeniable, in my case anyway.

And as smile suggests, there is more than one way of removing the skin from a feline…

PeeBee

docklander52 – I appreciate that it was following your comment, but it was the OP I was asking the question of, in response to his/her comment ” I cannot see how they have kept to there side of the deal.”.

That being said – if your reasons are just, then I cannot for one second see how publishing details would in any way affect your defence/case.

After all – truth is truth; fact is fact.

“Broken promises”, however – now you’re entering big, vacuous, fuzzy grey areas of if’s but’s and maybe’s I would suggest…

jimboglos8261

PeeBee.  I am not at all happy about the price that new agents are being offered. In some cases just £50.  When discounted prices was mentioned at an update meeting I attended it was made very clear by members that this was not acceptable.

When I was made aware the company I had recently purchased had been offered a rate of £50 per month I suggested to OTM that the least they could do was to allow me to pay £50 for that branch. I would then continue what I am paying for the others.  Only to be told with very little courtesy…. tough! Now that does not feel much like a mutual to me.   I appreciate that OTM need more agents but the answer would be get some better reps. The one I recently met after months of asking to see a rep was absolutely dreadful.   Until recently I was a great supporter of OTM but just do not feel that I can continue to be paying for this project to slowly fail.  After thinking things through and taking on board some of these comments I will be waiting to see what happens with the Connells case but I will be jumping ship if OTM lose as I think a lot of others will too.

PeeBee

jimboglos8261

“I am not at all happy about the price that new agents are being offered. In some cases just £50.”<b></b><u></u>

I don’t suppose that any Agent who signed up from Day 1 is “happy”, if truth be told.  BUT… how many of those same Agents have never wavered on their own Fee in order to get that ‘must-have’ instruction; to buy a board in a prominent position – or simply to build stock… which is exactly what OTM have set out to do.

“…I suggested to OTM that the least they could do was to allow me to pay £50 for that branch. I would then continue what I am paying for the others.  Only to be told with very little courtesy…. tough!”<b></b><u></u>

At ‘Rep’ level?  Or was it Mr Springett himself who dismissed your suggestion in such a discourteous manner?

“I appreciate that OTM need more agents but the answer would be get some better reps.”

Chicken:egg.  When people like you stop paying into the War Chest, there is less money to pay the troops.

“The one I recently met after months of asking to see a rep was absolutely dreadful.”

Then climb the ladder.  As a Gold Member with a share in the business you have a right to be heard.  Please don’t take this the wrong way – if you can’t get past ‘Rep’ level I’m happy to open lines of communication for you.

“Until recently I was a great supporter of OTM but just do not feel that I can continue to be paying for this project to slowly fail.”<b></b><u></u>

So you’d rather stop paying and not only contribute to its’ possible demise but also to bring the possible future failure forward?

I’d only ask that you ask yourself two things (if you haven’t already…):

“Why did I sign up in the first place?”

“What has changed from that original decision?”

smile please

I agree in part PeeBee but i do understand agents frustrations. OTM seem not so much going forward or even staying still. It seem to be going backwards in most areas not just numbers.

I think OTM need to ask themselves questions.

“Why did we start this in the first place”

“Why are we not making more progress”

PeeBee

Hi smile please – it is always a pleasure to debate this thorny subject with you. ;o)

“I agree in part… but i do understand agents frustrations.”<b></b><u></u>

As do I – as I am a sufferer also.  Difference being my own frustrations probably go beyond the norm, for reasons well documented in the year or so leading up to the birth.

“OTM seem not so much going forward or even staying still.”<b></b><u></u>

I trust you agree the main problem being that the information barricades are well and truly up and clearly working tremendously well.  When all you hear is static, you naturally assume that no-one is there on the other end of the line.

And as we all know, non-communication is even worse than bad communication.

In this instance it is simply fuelling discontent and handing a competitive advantage to those who stand to gain from that discontent.

I feel in part responsible for your discontent – although I’m more than aware that you did not ‘sign up’ as a result of my constant badgering and you made a business decision based upon your own due diligence.  My badgering however was based not upon a simple ‘numbers drive’, but instead upon a genuine belief that only by having Agents like you on board, OTM would be able to progress with their plans and aims.

For what it’s worth, I still feel that to be the case.

As to your two questions to AM/OTM – if they are not asking – and more importantly, and answering – those questions on a minimum daily basis then I suggest they need to employ someone to ask them… and then to act on the answers.

Regards, mon ami

PeeBee

smile please

It is sadly a subject that does split agents and has a very emotive streak running through it.

You are in no way to blame for my thoughts re OTM.

I always said “Great idea but will not work due to …..”

But i was offered a commercial rate that was worth taking a punt on what i thought was a good idea.

It is still a good idea but it is like owning a luxury cruise liner without a captain (or staff) and unable to find a port to allow passengers to board.

So you have to ask if a Cruise ship was never going to invest in a captain or staff, And was aimlessly drifting around the med and you were continuing to pay hundreds of thousands a week / month on running it – Would it not be better to scrap and cut your losses?

OTM – Has no direction, no leadership, Nobody knows about it – And its cost £1000’s every month.  But its still a good idea …..

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.