Making the most of Solicitor Referrals

HOME The Arena Sales Forum Making the most of Solicitor Referrals

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Author

PaulC

Hi All,

Looking to maximise the customer contact I have what are people getting for their legal referrals?

I know there is some big payments out there from some of the big conveyancers but our experience has been much better with the smaller local firms. So I am looking for yard sticks to negotiate a fair deal for all.

Agreeing 40 sales per month.. Currently bringing in around £500 pm Solicitors revenue.

Welcome everyone’s thoughts?

smile please

We would rather probate, but in the past have been strung along with promises from solicitors who do very well out of us and we get little in return.

Couple years ago we took the choice to take a referal fee. We get £200 for sale and £200 for purchase. £400 in total. Lots of conveyancers offer this but shop round. Some are awful we have found an okay one. Given that most solicitors we thought at least profit from them. It’s a nice monthly revenue that comes in.

PeeBee

smile please –

Do you – or the conveyancer – advise the prospective client of this financial arrangement?

smile please

We make it known we are recommending the conveyancer and the broken down quote highlights our fee.

Some question it, most dont. end of the day they need a conveyancer and the ones we recommend are no sale no fee and they at least return our call where other do not.

Does it not sit well with you PeeBee?

PeeBee

It doesn’t when the ‘arrangement’ – or even the hint of it – is withheld from the person ultimately paying for it, sp.

smile please

By the law the solicitor needs to disclose, we provide the quote from our office linked to their system, clearly states that the estate agent will be paid a commission of £200.00 which is payable out of the solicitors legal fee not an additional cost.

Same as introducing a mortgage adviser or surveyor. The little recommendation fees go along way, plus you get to build better relationships.

I can ring up the solicitor and threaten to turn off the tap on leads if they faf about. Cant do that if you are not involved in the process.

On a bit of a tangent but this is what puzzles me with some solicitors and the poor service / attitude they have. A number we have black listed and if a buyer or seller wants to use them we let them know our experience and ask them if they are sure they want to use them. Why the solicitors do not understand this is beyond me!

PaulC

We also have a naughty list.. We are tempted to take it a step further and track client experiences and publish the results privately to our clients.

Gump

We don’t ask them if they are sure they want to use a bad solicitor, we tell them they are not.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.