New Website

HOME The Arena Technology Forum New Website

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

• Author

smile please

We are looking at a new website.

Been shocked by the on-going hosting charges by most of the big players. From what we have been paying for the last few year £10 – £20 per month (depends on the host) we are now being quoted circa £150 plus VAT per month.

Is this now standard?

Seems a sharp increase, when i ask them to justify it they just say its for updating the site, when i ask what they update they all become a bit lost!

Any advice / recommendation on a estate agent focused website developer, who is reasonable costs and charges a reasonable hosting fee?

Or am i out of date on this and these are reasonable fees?

smile please

Sorry, If not clear. I also need it designing / template.

webdevelopment19524

Hi there. Have you got an email address and we can have a chat?

Thanks

smile please

Would rather you post a link up to your site so i can review and contact.

Iamtoobusy02

Hi Smile please,

Ours was done by expert agent and we are happy with it. They have a few estate agent templates to use – this is the one we went for in the end.

https://www.austinpropertyservices.co.uk/

They are reasonable and the cost is ok, annoying to have to pay ongoing high hosting costs when we have our own server but that seems the way of the industry sadly, though EA are not too bad to be fair

PeeBee

Unbelievable that a company like ExpertAgent are providing NON-COMPLIANT websites for paying customers.

I’d be having strong words with them if I were you, Iamtoobusy02…

shftx7051

You are all being ripped off by middlemen, I pay around £10 a month for shared hosting and get huge spec features.

1. Sign into your Hosting Panel and Get a Backup of your wordpress website (or ask ExpertAgent for the backup)

2. Get Siteground Hosting here https://goo.gl/6QUtXw

3. Using your backup, restore it on the Siteground server

4. Ask Siteground for support if you don’t know how to restore your website

ExpertAgents business model is clever and quite easy to pull off. Just hit a few buttons, install a premade template..charge excessive monthly hosting fees..wow..

I could make your website in 1 hour

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 3 days ago by  shftx7051.
    • This reply was modified 3 weeks, 3 days ago by  shftx7051.

smile please

Problem i am finding is the website providers do not sell you the website they in effect lease it to you so you cannot take it elsewhere to host.

One company i spoke to wanted close to 3k for the site and £180 pm to host. I said okay i take it if i do not like your hosting i can take the site elsewhere … Answer. No.

I am now looking at independent website providers that will give me the rights to what i pay them for as the industry website providers seem to be taking the the pi22.

Innov8

Hi Smile Please,

Our eCommerce and Estate Agent website packages include a bespoke theme tailored to how you would like it to look, and once complete, the website is 100% yours.

These packages are just £999, payable in just two payments, with no monthly costs. The hosting fee is £90 p/y – or free if you use your existing server.

Having worked in estate agent software for several years I understand the frustration when paying over the odds for silly charges. If you would like to know more please let me know.

smile please

What is your website?

Innov8

Our website is http://www.innov8web.co.uk.

Towards the bottom of the page you will see our portfolio of work, some of these including estate agent websites we have created previously.

smile please

Super i will take a look at it it over the weekend.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.