Training DEA / EPC's

HOME The Arena Training & Compliance Forum Training DEA / EPC's

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Author

smile please

Hi looking for some help.

We have a member of staff we want to train up as a DEA so they are able to provide us with EPC’s.

Found a number of courses that are between 3 -5 days and around the £1000 mark.

As we all know, very easy course to pass. I do not really want to lose a member of staff for the best part of a week.

Does anybody know any distance learning courses? we have found one at £950 – I was expecting around £400 as they are not taking up class room space or tutor time.

Any help greatly appreciated!

smile please

Upon further research, has anybody any experience of Training Move?

Neill30

Hello,

I am a DEA, having trained as a Home Inspector some years ago, and now carrying out Building Surveys. I have never heard of ‘Training Move’, and in terms of training, you will get what you pay for. I have assessed DEA candidates, and also conducted compliance audits, and there is a noticeable difference between the training providers.

I would only recommend two training organisations, National Energy Services, who provide an excellent and a professional service, or Elmhurst, who have also been in the field of energy for a long time. There are many organisations that provide training, and services, but I would avoid them.

The role of energy assessor is important, the quality of the training is critical, as is the back up afterwards. The assessor does require continual training, and CPD, as well as a sufficient remuneration that reflects that responsibility.

You will have to bite the bullet and pay sufficient money for the training, as well being away, not just for training now, but in the future.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.