360 Tours – HELP

HOME The Arena Technology Forum 360 Tours – HELP

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

• Author

JJ

Hello,

Looking for a little advice / help.

I saw an article a little while back on the website about 360 degree tours. I did a little investigation and like the idea.

From what I have seen the Ricoh Theta S is the best camera at the moment and the most sensible price.

Is there an agent on here that is currently using the camera and offering 360 tours? – I would like to know how easy it is, see some examples and if i need to or should i invest in any other kit to do it properly.

– Please no comments from providers looking at offering this service unless you want to help enable me to do it myself. We do not like using third parties for pictures, floor plans etc.

Many thanks in advance.

JJ

Just a little nudge so pops up in the recent comments on the main page.

David B

Afternoon JJ

I am having great success with agent self shot actual video tours.

Not HD cinematic quality but good enough for sales/letting previews in the low to upper mid price range saving everyone time and effort.

Average around 200 hits per property and helps boost you google SEO

Check out my website and tours;

http://www.mypersonalestateagent.net/

After 4 years development, I truly believe all agents should provide them.

Let me know if you have any questions.

David

JJ

Hi David,

Thanks for the input, the videos are interesting.

It is not something i am looking at, at this time but best of luck developing it.

The 360 tours can be viewed at the buyers pace and the ones i have seen demoed are stitched together so the buyer can walk through the property at leisure. They really are very good, if you have not seen them look for them, think you will be impressed.

Since posting this I have done a little more research. I think the camera is right, i am now looking for software to allow me to ‘Stitch / edit’ the pictures. Any advice on provider will gratefully be received. I have seen one provider but is only available from main land Europe and little nervous buying outside the UK.

myhouseonline

I have just purchased one outside UK and learning how to use it :-). I do agree by doing it yourself while taking pictures on the appointment anyway is a good idea.  Let us know please how you progress with your research.

The Property Jungle

Sorry, this reply breached our first rule: No forum may be used for commercial promotion or advertising.

SpacedustFilms

Hi,

Yes I would recommend the Ricoh Theta S.  Great little starter camera for 360 photos (not great for 360 video)

Make sure you keep it in it’s case as its very easy to scratch the bulbous lenses. I did this : (

You will need a light/mic stand for the camera to place in the middle of the room while you fire it up remotely from another room (so you are not in shot)

The images are stitched together in the camera so it’s quite straight forward.

I’ve been using 360 photos for about 12 months now and it’s a nice addition to the marketing.  Any other questions let me know.

Getting it on Facebook is quite simple but it’s still quite a new ‘thing’ so you do need to explain to end users about tilting your phone, etc to view the 360 video.

Hope tht helps

Jon Lindsay

Spacedust Films

jpreece56

Hi all,

Colliers International use EYESPY360, see an example >https://realla.co/27-gee-street-clerkenwell-ec1-27-gee-street</span&gt;

Eyespy360 are relatively cheap and really good quality, they have also integrated with Realla so you can add their walkthroughs to your marketing material created inside Realla at no extra cost.

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by  jpreece56.

jpreece56

Colliers International use EYESPY360, see an example >https://realla.co/27-gee-street-clerkenwell-ec1-27-gee-street
    Eyespy360 are relatively cheap and really good quality, they have also integrated with Realla so you can add their walkthroughs to your marketing material created inside Realla at no extra cost.

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by  jpreece56.

SmartPropertyTours

This old post caught my eye because it struck me how 360 tours never really took off with very few agents using them. Is it because most solutions require that you learn a complicated set of controls before you can take the tour? Or the agents are nervous about people having accidents while wearing VR goggles?

I can’t see any tours at all at Colliers International now and so it appears they have stopped using the Eyespy360 service or use it infrequently.

I think the answer to JJ’s original question back then and still today is that the Ricoh Theta S family is the defacto standard entry level 360 camera and some 360 tour businesses give them away in return for signing a contract. I bought one of these cameras off Amazon for about £150 and it is good if you have got plenty of light. I think the quality of the final result will be reflected in the quality of your camera (=how much you pay) and not so much the service provider that hosts the 360 photos.

If anybody needs help with 360 then I will be happy to provide it for free and show them some options including 360 video that can be hosted anywhere, auto plays on social media and allows you to stop and look around using familiar video player controls, with or without VR goggles.

LINK REMOVED – PROPERTY INDUSTRY EYE TERMS & CONDITIONS #6. Users posting comments on the site may not post direct hyperlinks to other websites and especially may not do so by use of their username. Users may not use comments to promote a service or business.

• This reply was modified 4 weeks ago by  SmartPropertyTours.
    • This reply was modified 4 weeks ago by  Nick Salmon, M.D. Property Industry Eye.

JJ

Almost forgot this was posted.

For anybody interested, I did use the Ricoh 360 and a software system from the States. It did the job but was not very impressive.

After a while i decided to look at matterport which is a lot more expensive but is a world of difference. Been very happy with it in the main, some issues and if anyone is interested happy to answer any questions.

Chris Wood

I use the matterport and have done so since Dec 2016. Very pleased overall.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.