Change of Agent / Priced Wrong

HOME The Arena ‘Eye say!’ Change of Agent / Priced Wrong

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Author

BenNorthEast62

I have just taken instruction on from a couple who were previously marketing their house with a competitor at offers over £450,000 which I deem as a high price.

They went into said competitors office and gave their two weeks notice period.

Our local paper has come out and there is a double page spread advertising their home at offers over £400,000. My client was unaware they were putting it in the paper and had not agreed to advertise at anything different to the original  £450,000 price with them.

She has phoned me today furious and is after advice….which honestly I am not sure other than a letter of complaint, should she escalate it to the ombudsmen? realistically what will this achieve?

All advice welcome.

B.

BenNorthEast62

Any advice appreciated….

Ostrich17

She should complain – no doubt they will claim it was an admin error and offer to re-advertise at the correct price.

Are they still advertising at O/O £450k on their website and portals?

BenNorthEast62

Hi Ostrich,

Thanks for the response. Yes still advertised at the original price, the thing because of its wording it is not able to be a typing error.

Ostrich17

She should definitely complain to the agent and get their formal response (admission?) in writing and then go to the relevant redress scheme (TPoS or PRS), unless offered satisfactory compensation.

Doing this will involve the agent in lots of paperwork/time and hopefully some financial award to the client.

BenNorthEast62

Thanks for this, I could not believe it when I had heard.

I am still surprised their isn’t more of a punishment, in my eyes it has compromised them in the price they can achieve moving forward.

Thanks

Property Money Tree

… I don’t know much about this area, but perhaps she should ask them to post another advert explaining that they made a mistake – same size, or that she will sue them for negligence.  She is owed a duty of care, and this has been lacking (if malice isn’t actually involved).  If she sues though, her difficulty will be in proving her losses…

The ad portrays her as being desperate : £450-400k.  Also, people will now peg the value at £400k – no one cares about the words “offers over”.

Surely, her options are:  Take house off market and refresh it later, or market at £400k.  Good luck.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.